Software to help government and communities use open data
Porism develops software to oil the wheels of democracy and make it easier for public bodies to enrich communities and the places where people live.
We specialise in software which leverages open data, primarily for local government and community groups. We also process data to help organisations develop and adopt open data standards.
As technical partners to the Local Government Association we develop, host and support:
- neighbourhoods.esd.org.uk for defining geographies as open data,
- opendata.esd.org.uk for helping councils share datasets, and
- standards.esd.org.uk giving vocabularies used across local government.
We also created
- eCasework.com for councillors, MPs and other elected representatives to solve problems for local people,
- Know My Neighbourhood (neighbourhood.knowmyarea.org), providing an evidence base for neighbourhood forums and other planning organisations, and
- standards.porism.com with guidance on processes, techniques and tools for developing data standards from our work with the Open Data Institute.
We can help you use these tools and build your own tools for data publishing and analysis.
Member since: January 2016